Josh MartinPrincipal & Founder
areas of expertise
- Executive Leadership for Healthcare Organizations
- Value-Based Reimbursement
- Population Health Management
- Provider-Sponsored Health Plans
- Executive Team Development
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Provider Risk Optimization
- Market President, Evolent Health | Arlington, Virginia
- President, Premier Health Plan | Dayton, Ohio
- Chief Financial Officer, Health Plan Select | Athens, Georgia
- Chief Financial Officer, Athens Regional Physician Group | Athens, Georgia
Mr. Martin has held key leadership roles on the front lines of healthcare payment transformation. His expertise has been critical in building and scaling provider-owned risk businesses.
Josh has a track record of delivering dramatic growth and operational precision at the intersection of the payer and provider spaces.
As President of a provider-sponsored health plan, Josh drove the rapid growth of the company from zero to over $120 million in revenue. As Market President for Evolent Health, he drove the implementation of a Medicare Shared Savings (MSSP) contract managing over $200 million in attributed medical expense. Josh has recruited, developed and mentored exceptional teams of leaders and has led a large matrixed organization spanning multiple payrolls and geographies. He has collaborated with physician partners in the development of innovative value-based care models and financial incentive programs.
Due to his pedigree as a health plan CFO, Josh brings a deep understanding of global risk and the levers that drive financial performance in both health plans and provider risk arrangements. His experience covers the spectrum of insurance product development and delivery: he has partnered with actuarial resources to shape benefit design and has partnered with brokers, sales leaders, and employers on product distribution.
Josh’s most recent experience includes accountability for the following lines of business: Medicare Advantage, QHP Marketplace Individual, Commercial Group, ASO/Self-Insured, Medicare Shared Savings Programs (specifically Next Gen ACO).